hi doctor my mother has started complaining of constant numbness
my mother has started complaining of constant numbness in head and ear since morning. could this be because of blood pressure??
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details and the symptoms detailed by you I would like to tell you that yes it could be because of high blood pressure.
I would like to know few things
1. Is she hypertensive? If yes then what medicine she take.
2. Is she diabetic?
3. Any previous history of cervical spine problem or migraine?
4. Any other symptoms which she is experiencing?
Kindly revert back with required information.
Dr Bhanu Partap
Thanks for the feedback.
If her blood pressure stays above 140/80 mmhg then this numbness can happen because of that also. Also sometimes in hypertensives patients due to sudden hike in blood pressure headache or numbness happens.
Kindly monitor her blood pressure regularly and if it stays above 140/80 then her medicines has to be adjusted.
Also make sure she take them regularly on proper time and in diet the salt intake should be reduced for proper bp control.
I hope this information will guide you properly.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?