hi doctor my liver enzymes are elevated as per the
Stop alcohol consumption if you do, check for viral hepatitis.
Hello Ms XXXXXXX
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service.
Your liver enzymes are mildly elevated and need close monitoring.
The cause for liver damage needs to confirmed.
Common causes that cause liver damage include viral hepatitis, alcohol consumption, taking medicines like paracetamol, autoimmune disorders or iron overload.
You must consult your local doctor to find out the cause for your elevated liver enzymes.
Drink plenty of fluids,
Do not drink alcohol,
Do not self medicate,
Repeat liver enzyme levels after 15 days to see if they have come back to normal.
I hope that answers your query. You are most welcome to ask me if you have any additional doubts or questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...