Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

188 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

hi doctor, my friend XXXXXXX is behaving a little odd

Answered by
Dr. Soujanya


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 608 Questions

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 in Relationship
Question: hi doctor, my friend XXXXXXX is behaving a little odd lately, he gets irritated when we ask the same thing more than once. i know its normal for anyone to get irrirated when the same action is repeated, but he reacts in a very wierd way than people usually do. he prefers silence and doesnt enjoy hanging out with us or his other friends anymore. he has also become very moody and unpredictable. i am not sure if this is a temporary phase or he needs medical attention. i would get more details around it but wanted to check what i can do to help him for a start. i am saying this becoz he has never been this way....but he has started behaving this way since last couple of months....and he is refusing to let us help him when we try to talk about it.... thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Soujanya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, he needs to start treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir,
Welcome to Ask A doctor service,

I have gone through your query in detail and can certainly understand your concern towards his symptoms.

Yes, these symptoms could be psychotic symptoms and he needs to be thoroughly evaluated regarding any history of head injury.

He needs to be statted with antipsychotics like risperidone along with mood stabilizers if needed.

I would advise you to consult your psychiatrist regarding this and follow advise accordingly.

Hope this information would help you.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on