hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with unknown girl. after

Question
hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with unknown girl. after that I have taken lot of hiv tests (hiv duo) and all are negative, my last test was after 1.5years that is also negative. can I take this tests as convulsive tests. ...or further tests are needed?
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is conclusive, no further tests are needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Most HIV specialists consider the 4th generation test, which you have had, conclusive at 6 weeks. It is universally considered that by 12 weeks, the test is conclusive. As it's been 1.5 years, and you've had multiple negative tests, you can rest assured you definitely do not have HIV.

So to answer your question, given your history, no further tests are needed.

Follow-up: hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with unknown girl. after 4 hours later
OK. thanks doctor.. but some doctors said test shown positive after 3 to 5 years only.. so only I worried doctor... it's also possible case doctor?

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thoughts on this.

Detailed Answer:
I can't find any data that would back up the claim that the doctor you talked with made. It is universally accepted that 4th generation HIV tests will be positive by 12 weeks.

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your welcome

Detailed Answer:
Your welcome. I hope you can rest easy now.

Best regards,
Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, MD

Follow-up: hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with unknown girl. after 3 minutes later
thank you for your advise doctor