hi doctor, I feel I have some stomach worms .my
different possible worms and doses of medications, can use the once dose
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
There is medication that you can use that should be able to help.
Albendazole is commonly used to treat worm infections, the dose can vary sometimes with the type of infection. It can be 400mg strength, taken only once for some infections, there are 4 types of worms that are treated this way including hookwork.
Other types of worms require a 3 to 10 day course.
The pin worm- in that case 400 mg is taken then repeated 2 weeks later.
Tape worm-taken twice a day, sometimes up to a month
In many places, may be available over the counter.
Since you are not sure about the type of worm that may or may not be present, you can consider using the single dose since this treats at least 4 types.
If you still have symptoms, then you should visit your doctor so that a stool sample can be sent to the lab to identify the specific type.
That way you would definitely know how long you would need to use the medication
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?