Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

hi doctor , Good afternoon I'm suffering from mild pain

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9699 Questions
hi doctor , Good afternoon
I'm suffering from mild pain These days in the scrotum area not testicles. two year's I have this problem- when consuled an urologist he said that epididymitis and prescribed antibiotics course. recently I got this pain again then when consulted doctor said that small hernia with varicocle is present.he said it's not emergency as of now but better can go with a minor surgery and also referred to a hernia specialist who can look into this.

now I want expert's advice and wanted to take second opinion on this suggestion. please find the attached reports and let me know if any thing else is required.
please help me out doctor let me know if their are any risks in my life
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There are no reprts attached to your query .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted You seem to have been diagnosed Inguinal Hernia and Varicocele.

There seems to be some technical problem .There are no areports attached to your query Contact Health Care Magic support team to attach the reports .

As regards Hernia and Varicocele both these conditions can be diagnosed only on clinical examination by a qualified General surgeon and doing Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and scrotum.

There is nothing to be worried about it These conditions are not serious in nature and can be cured by surgery .

Consult qualified General Surgeon and get following basic tests done to establish diagnosis so that further necessary measures vcan be planned out .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: hi doctor , Good afternoon I'm suffering from mild pain 48 minutes later
hi I have attached the reports. let me know if my problem effects fertility going further. if not surgery any other options please let me know
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yo need to undergo surgery of Hernia Repair .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for uploading reports .
which reveals bilateral grade 1-2 Varicocele with small Inguinal Hernia on left side /

Get your Semen Analysis done to find out the sperm count and sperm motility .

The grade 1-2 Varicocele does not necessarily can be cause for infertility .Hernia on left side needs to be repaired and at surgery of Varicocelectomy can be done at the same time through same incision on left side .

As regards surgery for Varicocele on Rt side it can be left alone or may be operated at the same time .

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: hi doctor , Good afternoon I'm suffering from mild pain 7 hours later
is their any other cure apart from surgery, if surgery is suggested what are the qualifications that I'll have to check in the doctor. if surgery happens , do we have any chances of getting the pain again. if surgery taken how many days bed rest is suggested. after surgery do I ll have to wear a scrotal support? above these all should I take a second opinion with other doctor and do u need any usg droppler images of my scrotum please let me know. can u also explain it's complications
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no medicines that can cure Hernia or Varicocele .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

You can get operated by either General Surgeon with qualification of Master Degree in surgery or Urologist.

The surgery requires hospitalization for 3-4 days followed by post operative rest for a week ..There are no complications and pain will usually go away after 3 weeks of surgery .

You can take second opinion and get Color Doppler Scan of scrotum done to allay your anxiety and confirm the diagnosis .

Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor