hi doc, I am 44 and recently been monitoring my

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hi doc,
I am 44 and recently been monitoring my BP which is coming in the range of 140- 150/100 -110 hear rate 110 . the physician ( cardiac ) prescribed XXXXXXX 40 tablet once a day . I am looking for alternative ayurvedic medicine since I do not want to be hooked to BP tablets thruout my life as suggested by him.

my confusion is whether I can complete the course of XXXXXXX 40 and then stop taking the tabs
pls advice .

thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

After going through the medical details provided by you I can very well understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that The BP readings which you have mentioned are on the higher side and if you’re blood pressure is constantly remaining like this then definitely there is a need to start antihypertensive medication.

The ideal way to deal with hypertension is to change your daily life style routine and switch to healthy lifestyle modifications which includes daily 40 minutes morning walk for five days a week, eating low salt and fibre rich diet avoiding junk and oily food, taking at least seven hours of sound sleep daily, No smoking it all along with the medicines.

Follow this routine strictly and keep on monitoring your blood pressure levels and when the blood pressure levels start staying within normal range then you can slowly decrease the dose of your medicine and then finally stopping it under the supervision of your treating doctor.

This is the ideal way. I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng