hi doc, I am 44 and recently been monitoring my
I am 44 and recently been monitoring my BP which is coming in the range of 140- 150/100 -110 hear rate 110 . the physician ( cardiac ) prescribed XXXXXXX 40 tablet once a day . I am looking for alternative ayurvedic medicine since I do not want to be hooked to BP tablets thruout my life as suggested by him.
my confusion is whether I can complete the course of XXXXXXX 40 and then stop taking the tabs
pls advice .
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I can very well understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that The BP readings which you have mentioned are on the higher side and if you’re blood pressure is constantly remaining like this then definitely there is a need to start antihypertensive medication.
The ideal way to deal with hypertension is to change your daily life style routine and switch to healthy lifestyle modifications which includes daily 40 minutes morning walk for five days a week, eating low salt and fibre rich diet avoiding junk and oily food, taking at least seven hours of sound sleep daily, No smoking it all along with the medicines.
Follow this routine strictly and keep on monitoring your blood pressure levels and when the blood pressure levels start staying within normal range then you can slowly decrease the dose of your medicine and then finally stopping it under the supervision of your treating doctor.
This is the ideal way. I hope this information will guide you properly.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?