hi, can you tell me what this is on my
It is a Sebaceous Cyst .
Thanks for query .
Based on the photograph and facts that you have posted you seem to have what is called as Sebaceous Cyst over a scrotum .It is not transmitted through sexual acts.
The scrotal skin is rich in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin when the opening of the duct carrying sebum over the surface of the skin gets blocked .Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.
Consult qualified General surgeon for clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis.He would be the best judge to decide whether it needs to be excised or not .
This is a simple surgery done under local anesthesia as a out patient procedure and offers permanent cure .
Ensure to observe proper personal hygiene and wash your genital area with warm water twice daily .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?