hi Sir since childhood(5yrs old) , i have allergy in

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi Sir

since childhood(5yrs old) , i have allergy in my right hand finger. On consultation doctors said that it is due to citrus and detergent allergy and to avoid contacting. But these daysi am getting the allergy even without touching them and it is losting for min 10days. Please find the attached image. This has started 10days ago.

Please help me out.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be due to eczema

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached image. It seems to be a case of eczema. You also need to apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion over those areas. Such allergic rashes can develop due to a number of allergens other than the ones you mentioned. But more importantly, it is important to refrain from letting the hands stay wet. I need to ask whether you have got a blood allergy profile done (earlier) to get the allergens identified. As of now you may use some antiallergics like Cetirizine once daily for the next few days.

It might take a few days to recover and so you need to be patient.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad