hi I'm XXXXXXX I have rhinitis where doctor suggested me

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Fri, 30 Mar 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hi I'm XXXXXXX I have rhinitis where doctor suggested me not to go into dust and extreme temperature changes. I feel exhausted after small run/ walk against gravity. I got medication for these above but I'm not using any of those. but now often I get hiccups after every sneeze / on bed after eating etc., please suggest me way to be back normal
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Using the medicines helps you feel better until the season changes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

What you are describing seems like an allergic rhinitis.
It may need some days for you to start feeling better after and it may last up to 3 months until the season of allergy passes.

Meanwhile, the medicines your doctor has suggested can be used for your symptoms to be better. They make you a bit sleepy the first days but after a few days, they will be very helpful for you to start feeling normal.
Drinking plenty of fluids it is very important to regain your energy.
Eat healthy especially foods with vitamin C.

If worse or not better, I would recommend seeing a local doctor because you may have a complication which may need a treatment given by prescription.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana