question-icon

hi, I sent recently msg to you about 10 inutes

Posted on Sun, 17 Feb 2019
Question: hi, I sent recently msg to you about 10 inutes ago. checked email no response as of yet. however here it is again. I am a male 78 years young, average health. Had bad case shingles approx. 1 year ago. when new vaccine come out I took it....4 months later which was about 3 weeks ago I took the booster. then, is when everything went wrong. very bad bad reaction or something. arm where vaccine taken was a 4 and 8 in solid red rasied rash. then the rash begin to spread around the body. terrible itching. used several ointment. got a prescription of steroid topical. it made it just worse. don't know what to do I DONT SEE ANY RESPONSE FROM U ON MY EMAIL …./?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman (34 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Abcess formation needs to be excluded

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but it is important to exclude abscess formation. please send a photo of the lesion attached to the query as a report. In case you were not able to attach a photo then if abcess is present it will require a surgical incision and drainage of pus. if no abcess is present then I would recommend that you refer to your doctor for a prescription of avil and dexamethasone shoots every other day for one week. I hope you find this helpful. if you don’t have any other clarifications then please close the discussion..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman