hi I just turned 30 and though I understand aging

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi I just turned 30 and though I understand aging is normal... I have no wrinkles at all except an indent above my eyebrow from furrowing my brows inward. The skin when I stretch it molds right back. I poked it with tweezer and it leaves the indent there for a good while and doesn’t seem to bother to heal itself like normal skin. Should I be concerned this is the only spot on my face like this and could this be cause from making that face alone? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
not likely significant, likely related to expression as suggested

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is understandable to question any perceived abnormality but the changes that you are describing would not be associated with a significant condition and not likely to cause any issues at all.

As you mentioned, it is related to facial expression, if it is done a lot or for a long period of time.
It is possible that by reducing the particular expression, there may be an improvement in the changes that you are seeing.

There are no conditions or diseases that are associated with a prolonged dent or change except dehydration (lack of fluids in the skin can cause denting to occur), decreased skin fat content in an area, trauma with the formation of scar tissue in a particular area.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions