hi I am worried about something i was using a

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019 in Women's Health
Question: hi
I am worried about something
i was using a vibrator without inserting it and it wasnt the first time
few hrs later, I had a blood discharge and had my period
though its 7 days early
what are the symptoms of hymen rupture? and does the issue above might indicate a hymen rupture??
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
May or may not indicate rupture..

Detailed Answer:

Many a times hymen rupture is asymptomatic. At times bleeding is the only symptom. If the current spell of bleeding is similar to ones you had in the past, then you seem to have an early period. It is not uncommon to start menstruating early.

That being said, bleeding is the only symptom of hymen rupture. So if the bleed wasn't similar to previous period, then it may or may not be related to hymen rupture.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 19 minutes later
But isnt it 2 cm in and cant be ruptured unless something was inserted?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely not related to rupture...

Detailed Answer:

Yes, hymen is located 2 cm in the vaginal orifice. And without penetrative intercourse and without insertion chances of hymen rupture is unlikely. But there have been reports where rupture has occurred with strenuous activity and painful orgasm.

In your case, however it is unlikely the bleed is related to hymen rupture. I'd say this because bleed from hymen rupture is very brief and not similar to period.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 21 hours later
Can you please describe how the blood would look like,
In addition, what do you suggest about this issue? I am having anxiety because of it as its something important for marriage
Answered by Dr. Prasad 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
No significant difference except for flow amount...

Detailed Answer:
Hymen rupture presents with similar bleeding as you would have during period except that flow amount is minimal with hymen rupture. Further more period occur with other associated complaints like nausea, abdominal cramps, dizziness, mood swings and so on.

I am not sure if you are worried about hymen rupture or any other reason. Hymen rupture doesn't always indicate virginity. As mentioned earlier, rupture also occurs with strenuous physical exercise, masturbation as well as painful orgasms. It doesn't always indicate virginity. So you need not be overly worried.

regards