hi I am a lactating mother who is giving milk
Dry cough can be controlled with warm saline gargles and syrup Ascoril.
Thanks for posting your query.
Having cough is a common occurrence during the changing season. If the cough is associated with expectoration or pain in the throat that is causing difficulty in swallowing or fever or noise from the chest then proper antibiotics are needed to control it. You can safely take antibiotics like Amoxycillin - clavulanic acid or Cefixime during lactation. The baby also may need antibiotics if any of the above said symptoms appear.
Doing warm saline gargles and cough syrup like Honitus or Ascoril can help in controlling the mild symptoms. Regarding the baby it is best to consult his pediatrician for a direct examination and proper antibiotics.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...