hi I am 62 12 years post menopause and recently
Probably symptoms related to dryness because of menopause, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to vaginal dryness due to menopause.
VaginaL discharge is very common during menopause.
With this condition, vaginal tissues become thinner and more easily irritated. The atrophy can cause light bleeding.
I recommend a colposcopy to confirm the diagnose.
Meanwhile, I recommend using a vaginal moisturizer to reduce the atrophy.
I would suggest Replens vaginal gel for local application in the vaginal area.
Another possible treatment can be a low dose of vaginal estrogen cream such as Estrace, which will replace the low dose of estrogen in the system.
I suggest you to drink liquids.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?