hello mygrandmother aged 80 years suffered pneumonia in nov 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
hello
mygrandmother aged 80 years suffered pneumonia in nov 2017 and she recovered well and i also took help from heathcaremagic which is really helpfull and appreciable. Now my grandmother's blood pressure becomes very high and also heart beats starts skipping so we give her alprax .25 she gets some relief . But she has become very weak .
the medications which we are giving are .
1. Olmesar 20 H
2. Nebulong 5 in night
3. Betonin syrup thrice daily
4. Liv 52 thrice daily
from today istarted her giving ECOD plus capsule .
We had ECHO done it was normal
We had LIPID profile done it was normalas well.
She suffers a lot and have.
Kindly suggest medications according to her age and health.
Thanks
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
add diuretics

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

As you explain the history her arterial tension is not responding to the current treatment .

If she were my patient i would add in the current treatment diuretics (like lassix) .
They are needed i/v actually till he tension returns normal and than orally every day or every two days.

But during their use the electrolytes should be measured too.

However you can try for some days lassix orally tb once and monitor the arterial tension If it will stabilise than she should consult her doctor to add them in the treatment. If not than she can take medical help in ER for stabilization of the tension.

Hope to have been helpful

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda

Follow-up: hello mygrandmother aged 80 years suffered pneumonia in nov 2017 22 minutes later
thanks for replying
what us the use of lassix in irregular heartbeat and high bloodpressure as water retention is not there .
Also as she is taking olmesar H it is itself a direutic

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
control the lungs and kidneys

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Yes olmesar H is a combination with diureticsdiuretics.
In such cases for other causes should be checked other that heart. For example the lungs and kidney are probable to be the cause. I reccommend her to be evaluated by her doctor because her treatment for hypertension is complete already.

Dr.Jolanda

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
chest X Ray and arterial blood gases

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Pneumonia has passed now after the treatment. Its been already two months now.To be sure she can do a chest X Ray and arterial blood gases test for evaluating better the lungs .

Dr.Jolanda

Follow-up: hello mygrandmother aged 80 years suffered pneumonia in nov 2017 1 minute later
Her kidney function tests were normal but she suffered from pneumonia since then she has become weak the main cause of action should be for weakness i think it is a main reason for her ailments .