hello, my daughter(3 yr 5 mo) is not ready to
my daughter(3 yr 5 mo) is not ready to do potty. she is always doing it in diapers or in pants.
we have done everything from telling , yelling, love and even gifts and candies but she is not doing it on a potty seat.
she do tell when she wants to pee but not potty.
she u derstands everything like when she wants water, food, tv, XXXXXXX to do pee, candy names but i dont know if its her stubborness or naughtyness that she is doing potty in pants.
we have spent even 30-50 mins making her sit on the potty seat but she do potty not on it but on pants.
Try frequent squatting
Thanks for writing to us.
Many kids at this age have difficulty in passing stools on potty seat.
1. Make her squat on potty seat ( not sit).
2. Make her squat 3 times daily for at least 10 minutes each time. Don't ask her to pass stools. Just keep telling her some stories. This could be her story time.
3. Keep encouraging her, never scold for passing in pants.
4. Try deworming with albendazole. I usually prescribe 5ml at night. To be repeated after 2 weeks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....