hello, im 32 years old and have suffered from chronic
im 32 years old and have suffered from chronic lower back pain for years. the last year ive relied heavily on pain killers to get through day to day tasks. i finally had an MRI today and dont have a follow up until mid next week. the MRI technician said that he definately sae an issue at the L5S1. i would really love an opinion on the scan. what you think the problem is and if i eere your patient what treatment. is it serious enough for surgery?
I will not operate with this view alone.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through the details and MRI Section.
There is only one MRI Section in which There is reduced joint space L5-S1 and Partial Destruction of ant part of Lower L5 vertebra.
In my opinion this is not clear case of Disc Disease which may have required surgery. But the condition is not very clear in only view. If you can send me more views , I will be in a better position to guide you. If it is infection ,esp tubercular then only conservative treatment may be adequate.
I would suggest you get CBC with ESR also. and Let me know the detailed reports for further evaluation.
I will not operate you only on the basis of findings in this view.
Thanks for the question. Please send me further details.
Looks like ant disc prolapse.
I have seen the new films posted by you.
There appears to be anterior disc prolapse with pressure effect on vertebra.
Provisionally I can say , that this will not require surgical intervention.
However I would still like to have CBC with ESR and wait for report.
As per the report , you have reduced disc space and minimal disc bulge posteriorly.
For you it means that so surgery is required for this , only conservative treatment like medicines, regular exercises and certain precautions like no weight lifting etc.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?