hello im 26 i had a baby 6 months ago

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2019 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: hello im 26 i had a baby 6 months ago
i recently found out i have a nodule in my thyroid of 6mm from ehat i remember inhad it when i was 20 or 21 but it was 3 mm what are the chances that this could be cancer?
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
About thyroid nodule;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Ultrasound characteristics are very important to say if the chances that a nodule has to be malignant.
If the nodule is cystic, the chances to be malignant are almost 0, even though the dimensions are increased.
If the characteristics of the nodule are suggestive for malignancy, than the increase in dimensions has to be taken into consideration.
If you could attach an ultrasound report it would be helpful for us to say the chances of malignancy.
Looking forward to help you further.
Best wishes,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy