hello im 26 i had a baby 6 months ago
i recently found out i have a nodule in my thyroid of 6mm from ehat i remember inhad it when i was 20 or 21 but it was 3 mm what are the chances that this could be cancer?
About thyroid nodule;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Ultrasound characteristics are very important to say if the chances that a nodule has to be malignant.
If the nodule is cystic, the chances to be malignant are almost 0, even though the dimensions are increased.
If the characteristics of the nodule are suggestive for malignancy, than the increase in dimensions has to be taken into consideration.
If you could attach an ultrasound report it would be helpful for us to say the chances of malignancy.
Looking forward to help you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?