hello, i have a syrinx in c6/7 and i struggle
A full spinal MRI is needed to confirm the diagnosis.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms can be related to syringx.
Numbness and muscle weakness are common symptoms of syringomielia.
A spine MRI is necessary to confirm the diagnosis.
This examination is needed to exclude other possible diagnosis with similar symptoms.
If the diagnosis is confirmed the treatment consists in surgery.
The goal of surgery is to remove the pressure the syrinx places on the spinal cord and to restore the normal flow of cerebro spinal fluid.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
You should see a neurologist to get a referral for a spinal MRI.
Hi again dear,
You should get a referral from a neurologist to do a spinal MRI.
This examination is necessary to exclude other possible medical conditions.
Surgery is usually recommended for when the patient is symptomatic.
So, depending the results of the spinal MRI the neurologist will decide if the surgery is needed.
Hope I helped you.
Feel free to contact me again for further clarification.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?