hello i ate some ripe jackfruit in the afternoon and

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hello
i ate some ripe jackfruit in the afternoon and after 5-6 hours my stools contain undigested pieces of jackfruit. I have been to the restroom to pass stools for 3-4 times. What should i do now. I dont have any pain or cramps in my belly but a tendency to pass stools. please advice
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably a gastrointestinal infection,follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to a gastrointestinal infection.

I would recommend using over the counter option to treat the symptoms such as Imodium three times a day.

I also recommend using daily probiotics.

I suggest drinking a lot of liquids and using a plain diet, which contains rice, yogurt, and bananas.

You should feel better in a few days.

If the symptoms continue prescribed medications may be needed. In this case you should consult your doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T