hello, i am on XXXXXXX 35ed for 3 years and
i am on XXXXXXX 35ed for 3 years and recently became sexually active, this has caused my periods to start late. I am getting my period on the last day of the placebo pill, meaning i am taking active pills throughout my menstruation period. I was wondering, will this effect the effectiveness of the pill and give me a higher chance of getting pregnant
Welcome to healthcare magic. I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
While on these pills periods can start on any day of the placebo week. You starting periods on the last day of the placebo pill is perfectly normal. This does not reduce the effectiveness of the pill.
If you have further concerns I will be happy to answer.
Dr Ramadevi Wani
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?