hello dr. my sisters age is 36 and she has

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hello dr. my sisters age is 36 and she has a seviour cervical now a days she is feeling pain on her right breast but this pain is not regular only for few mins and when she touch her breast she feels gath sort of thing but moving and sudden uper back pain near to shoulders joints. she also has pain near to her heart and left side also uper back problem. and she also has heavyness on her head. please tell me is this related to cervical or she has some other issues.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
doesn't seem to be related, further check-up needed..follow the advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern for your sister,

Well, the severe upper back pain near to shoulder joints can be due to the spondylosis/ spondylolisthesis as they're primarily due to nerve compression induced.

However, the right breast pain and those gath sorts of feeling don't seem to be related to this. It can be due to several other reasons (most notably, some lymph-node involvement, some other lump inside the breast or even hormonal). To diagnose the exact cause, she needs to be examined thoroughly.

I'd suggest you get her check-up done by any nearby General Surgeon. Some further investigations like Ultrasonogram of the breast, mammogram study, and a few others may also be needed.

In the meanwhile, let her take rest. Avoid seating down for prolonged hours. Please refrain from any kind of strenuous activities. Use spine supporting collars/belts, continue taking the pain medications (eg. Gabapentin, Pregabalin etc.) for nerve related pain (as per her Orthopedician's advice for the spondylosis related problems).

Additionally, take a mild pain-killer i.e. Tab PARACETAMOL 650mg thrice daily after food for next 3-4 days...avoid any kind of unsupervised massaging.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee