hello doctor, my left leg toe was fractured 2.5 years
Can be due to fungal infection.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the attached image. The distortion of the nail in your case can be due to a damaged nail bed or due to a fungal infection of the nailbed. This causes such disfigurement of the nail. For proper diagnosis you need to consult a dermatologist and get proper anti fungal medicines prescribed that can help in the improvement of your nail.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Medicines can help a fungal infection.
Thanks for writing again.
If the nail bed is damaged then it is difficult to repair. Surgery can help to some extent only. If there is a fungal infection then you need to have anti fungal drugs orally for 12-20 weeks after consulting a dermatologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?