hello doctor, my left leg toe was fractured 2.5 years

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hello doctor, my left leg toe was fractured 2.5 years ago since then, my toe nail is getting damaged. from last 2.5 years its 4th time, when a good nail grows but suddenly after complete growth it starts getting yellow and some pain arises and then it starts leaving the skin from below.attach is the pic for reference .i wash my feet regularly 2 times a day.but there is no difference. other illness: I am having kidney stone as well.please suggest some medicine which helps me growing a healthy nail
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached image. The distortion of the nail in your case can be due to a damaged nail bed or due to a fungal infection of the nailbed. This causes such disfigurement of the nail. For proper diagnosis you need to consult a dermatologist and get proper anti fungal medicines prescribed that can help in the improvement of your nail.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 minutes later
hello doctor, thanks for your reply. what needs to be done in both cases like, if the nail bed is damaged..what shot of things needs to be done And if it is fungal infection what needs to be done. please reply
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medicines can help a fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If the nail bed is damaged then it is difficult to repair. Surgery can help to some extent only. If there is a fungal infection then you need to have anti fungal drugs orally for 12-20 weeks after consulting a dermatologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.