hello doctor, my father age 51 suffering from stabbing kind
my father age 51 suffering from stabbing kind of pain in the knee from past 3 days, it is coming at midnight 12-1 AM and disapperaiing at morning around 7 Am and fever also duibg the pain.
Can be arthritis or infection.
Thanks for posting your query.
A stabbing pain in the knee with fever is likely to be related to an infection in the area that can be associated with local swelling and redness. The other causes can be arthritis, decrease in joint lubricants or tendonitis. A direct examination by an orthopedician is necessary to confirm the diagnosis. Till then avoid all stressful activities of knees like climbing stairs, do a hot compress in the area and start with a mild pain killer for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?