hello doctor i have been feeling weak legs, numbness and
i have been feeling weak legs, numbness and tingling sensation in my legs since last night and i was not able to sleep because of this unusal symptom. numbness is mostly in my ankle and calf and when i sit i can feel weakness in my inner thighs clearly.
I had a long day yesterday at office and was sitting almost the whole day with only few minutes of gap in between. could this be the reason?
i tried few back exercise and leg exercise but i do not have any relief.
i do not have any obvious back ache symptoms.
can you please suggest if any tests or treatment is required if the condition is serious?
Visit an orthopedic surgeon
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The symptoms seem to be starting from lower back. There seems to be some nerve block at L1 and L2 vertebra.
I will suggest you to avoid prolonged sitting.
Visit an orthopedic surgeon today itself to confirmation of diagnosis and further management. He may order spinal X ray and MRI as per physical examination findings of your back and legs.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...