hello My question is, can a CBC blood count be

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019 in Cancer
Question: hello
My question is, can a CBC blood count be ok but still have laryngeal cancer? I went to the er last night, seemed difficult to swallow spit down and swelling of the lower neck (which I’ve had for years, seems to come and go) have had my thyroid checked and that is good. All blood work came back normal and the ct scan with contrast showed nothing. Is laryngeal cancer still possible?
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can't be laryngeal cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear.
I have gone through your query.

So with a normal CT scan of the neck, there doesn't seem any possibility of larynx cancer. CBC has nothing to do with the diagnosis of larynx cancer.

There can be other causes of blood in sputum like trivial oral trauma, pharyngitis etc. If it persists, then further evaluation is necessary.

Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask any further questions

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee