hello My question is, can a CBC blood count be
My question is, can a CBC blood count be ok but still have laryngeal cancer? I went to the er last night, seemed difficult to swallow spit down and swelling of the lower neck (which I’ve had for years, seems to come and go) have had my thyroid checked and that is good. All blood work came back normal and the ct scan with contrast showed nothing. Is laryngeal cancer still possible?
It can't be laryngeal cancer
I have gone through your query.
So with a normal CT scan of the neck, there doesn't seem any possibility of larynx cancer. CBC has nothing to do with the diagnosis of larynx cancer.
There can be other causes of blood in sputum like trivial oral trauma, pharyngitis etc. If it persists, then further evaluation is necessary.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask any further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...