hello, Ive had traces of glucose in my urine using
About prediabetes diagnosis;
Hello and thank you for asking!
As you didn't mention any exact value of the fasting and postprandial blood sugar, I would like to inform you that prediabetes is diagnosed if:
-There are 2 fasting glucose from 110-125 mg/dl
-Two values of 2 hours after food glucose from 140-200 mg/ dl.
-HbA1c under 6.4%.
Over these values, it is not prediabetes anymore but is Diabetes.
Sugar in urine is present when the blood sugar is over 180 mg/dl.
I hope this clarifies now about prediabetes and Diabetes diagnosis.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?