question-icon

hello. I have a weird raised area on the top

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019
Question: hello. I have a weird raised area on the top of my foot, that is getting bigger. Have had It for awhile now. Could this be skin cancer.?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
many possibilities as lipoma, tophi or others.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and here is my advise.

* There can be various reasons for raised area on top of foot as soft tissue lesion in form
of lipoma, tophi or other issues.

* The skin cancer is suspected when the area is showing long standing lesion with
changes in terms of bleeding, rapid over growth, non healing ulcer or others.

So I require further details to answer your query more precisely, kindly provide me the same please.

1. Area location, size, shape, overlying skin changes, discharge if any.
2. Progress since appearance.
3. Associated pain, tingling, burning feet if any.
4. Provide a high resolution photograph of the same as an attachment.
5. Any other abnormal issue regarding the physic noticed apart from this ?

Awaiting for your response.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel (2 hours later)
can you send me your email. I will email you a picture.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
follow up .

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome for the follow up.

You can send the picture to our customer care via company email who will manage to send to me on your behalf or else you have direct option of attachment of file on your screen itself where you are asking question panel.

If both are not feasible for you, can convey me further.
Thanks.

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon