hello, I am struggling with overweight and I need help
Lifestyle change is needed
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that your complaint is not unique and numerous people are finding a way out. However, you would need to be sincere in your efforts. Please note that for weight gain to occur the amount of energy taken in as food has to be greater than the total energy expenditure. Needless to say, you need to cut down on your food intake (irrespective of what the present amount is) and increase the total amount of energy expenditure.
Interventions would be dietary as well as through exercise.
You would need to restrict carbohydrate and fat intake but maintain a modest protein intake. You can get a dietician to custom make a diet chart to suit your lifestyle and needs.
Regarding exercises, you would need to do the following exercises daily (google out for technique). No. Per day with number to increase per day (in brackets) provided:
Push-up - 10 (2-5)
Crunches - 20 (5)
Planks 20 (10)
Squats - 20 (5)
Triceps dig - 5 (2)
Also get your thyroid profile and lipid profile checked.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation