Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

129 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

hello I Rahul from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX i wabted to undergo

Answered by
Dr. Shinas Hussain

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2015

Answered : 16629 Questions

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: hello I Rahul from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

i wabted to undergo treatment for drug abuse and deaddiction .M very mych adducted to sleeping pills since 5yrs..want to get rid of it as soon as possible ...facing lots of side effects.
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a psychiatrist and get evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
You have to consult a psychiatrist and get evaluated.
The treatment will depend on the type of the pill you are addicted to.
You might require drugs to prevent withdrawal symptoms also.
Behavioural therapy is also required to obtain maximum results.
You must motivated through out the treatment period. Avoid unwanted stress and anxiety. Relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation can help a bit.
You can consult Fortis hospital as it has got very well equipped de addiction unit.
Wishing all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on