question-icon

hello I Rahul from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX i wabted to undergo

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019
Question: hello I Rahul from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

i wabted to undergo treatment for drug abuse and deaddiction .M very mych adducted to sleeping pills since 5yrs..want to get rid of it as soon as possible ...facing lots of side effects.
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Consult a psychiatrist and get evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
You have to consult a psychiatrist and get evaluated.
The treatment will depend on the type of the pill you are addicted to.
You might require drugs to prevent withdrawal symptoms also.
Behavioural therapy is also required to obtain maximum results.
You must motivated through out the treatment period. Avoid unwanted stress and anxiety. Relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation can help a bit.
You can consult Fortis hospital as it has got very well equipped de addiction unit.
Wishing all the best.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Shinas Hussain