head is stuffed up, face hurts, after 5 days of

Question
head is stuffed up, face hurts, after 5 days of this now when I wake up in the morning my chest is killing me but I can't seem to spit it up. my voice is also high pitched now. nothing seems to help my face from aching
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
decongestants, antihistamine, anti inflammatory pain killer, warm compress

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The congestion of the sinus spaces in your face would contribute to the pain and the presence of mucus to the back of the throat would affect the voice.

In addition to the mucinex and z pack, you can consider--(1) warm, not hot, compress to the face, this would help to drain the sinuses.

(2)an oral and topical decongestant eg afrin to the nose and an oral decongestant. consider switching mucinex to MUCINEX D (NOT DM).

This contains a mixture of guaifenesin (a mucolytic) and pseudoephedrine (decongestant).

(3)an oral antihistamine eg benadryl or claritine or zyrtec or allegra

(4)anti inflammatory pain killer eg ibuprofen or naproxen to help

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions