Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

having intact hymen and depression. Want to conceive. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
Hi ,
We have been married for almost 4 years and we had visited a Gynecologist one and half year back and post her examination she highlighted that my wife's hymen was intact and the way she spoke to us it was an embarrassment and she was blunt to us . Post her visit we visited another gynecologist 6 months later and she asked us to get few test done and reports were all fine and her interaction with us was helpful but still we haven't been able to got over the mental block in our head fear of failure and this has been affecting us especially my wife . She has got her periods today . Do let us know how do we get to next level and she conceives at the earliest due to family pressure and to overcome the stress in our life due to this . Also let us know have you encountered such cases earlier ?
Looking forward to hearing from you soon .
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

There are studies done which shows hymen can still be intact (52%) after sexual intercourse.
Following is a link.
You and your wife can read it for your satisfaction.
So do not worry.
As all your investigations are normal, both of you need not be concerned.
1. Have unprotected regular intercourse every alternate day.
2. Ovulation induction drug like clomifene citrate increases fertility chances by 30%.
3. Have balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables.
4 Be stress free because stress can further hamper fertility.
Be supportive and caring towards your wife which is very important.

Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor