have two round infected areas with dots in the middle

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: have two round infected areas with dots in the middle feels like balls under each one not sure if insect bite or what very painful 4 days
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask a Doctor,

I have gone through your query and also the attached image,

It looks like an infected abscess with a pus point. The feeling of hardness underneath is due to the presence of pus collected in pockets. In order to release the pus properly, a small incision may have to be made, to collect all the pus out. You may have to visit the casualty or ER for this. Your treating doctor may have to incise the area and may also prescribe you with a weeks antibiotic course. Also keep the area clean and dry. Avoid wearing tight fitting panties.

I hope this helps,

Please feel free to discuss further,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 8 hours later
what would cause this? bug bite?
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not bug bite

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for writing back,

It does not look like a bug bite. Most common cause of boils specially around this area is due to plugged sweat glands or due to any skin break infected with bacteria.

Like I mentioned earlier, kindly visit the ER soon to get this treated. Always keep the area clean and dry.

I hope this helps,

Please feel free to discuss further,

Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 3 days later
it appears i am getting more of these i now have 4 in total? what would cause this and how do i stop them from coming in
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more info

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for writing back,

I can understand your concern,

I would like to know if all the 4 have erupted in the same location or on different areas?
Did you get any medical treatment on them earlier for proper removal of the pus?
Have you taken any antibiotics?
Is the area red, painful and tender?

Kindly provide your details to the above questions, so that I can guide you better.