question-icon

hair loss

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019
Question: hair loss

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Regarding hair loss

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query.

I would like to know a few more details from you so that I am able to guide you better.
What is your age/ sex?
How long since you have been shedding excess hair? Approximately how may hairs do you lose per day? <50, 50-100 or > 100?
Is there any underlying medical condition like thyroid?or are you on any treatment?
Is there any preceding medical history like illness, surgery, weight loss etc?

Kindly get back to me with these details and preferably images of the scalp so that I am able to guide you accordingly.

take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist