Hair loss and its management
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query.
There are many causes of hair loss and treatment depends in the cause.
The most commonly encountered causes are anemia, thyroid disorders, hormonal problems, chronic disease, certain medicines, recent history of fevers like typhoid, dengue, recent history of accident, surgery, child birth and crash dieting.
I would recommend you to get your thyroid function tests, haemoglobin, serum ferritin, serum vitamin B12 and serum vitamin D levels to rule out any underlying problem.
Meanwhile you can start with hair supplements like tablet follihair once daily.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to answer any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs