question-icon

had an implant done last thursday- on tooth 7- dentist

Posted on Tue, 12 Mar 2019
Question: had an implant done last thursday- on tooth 7- dentist crated a flap in the gum then drilled the bone inserted a 10 cm implant then sealed the flap with 6 nylon sutures which are to be removed friday- was on augmentin for 1 day preop and 4 days post op- have had some increased drainage from that nostril - on follow up xray was taken without any movement of implant- have 3 questions :1: was course of antibiotics long enough 2: do i need any other radiographic studies- 3: how will he put a temp tooth on the implant if the flap is covering it- thx- XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics are enough for 5 days

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
The course of antibiotics that you have taken is sufficient.

Here are answers to your questions.

- Yes, course of antibiotics was fine.

- If drainage continue then a diagnostic x ray can be repeated.

- Flap will be slightly retracted and the temporary tooth will be placed..

Please let me know if you have further questions..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist