had a cough over xmas and just syarted to go
Early lung cancer has coughing only.
Thanks for your question on Ask a doctor forum.
I can understand your concern.
Lung cancer in early stage can only cause dry coughing. So it is possible to have lung cancer with only coughing without any other symptoms like chest pain, weight loss, fever etc.
Since you are smoker and above 40 years of age, you should definitely get done chest x ray to rule out lung cancer and lung infection.
So get done chest x ray if not done.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?