question-icon

getting severe headaches intermittenly mostly at night, also pain in

Posted on Mon, 1 Apr 2019
Question: getting severe headaches intermittenly mostly at night, also pain in both lower leg calfs, and across back at the shoulders
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (40 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Probably tension type headaches and myalgia, follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to tension type headache.

This type of headaches increases the tenderness in the neck and shoulder muscles.

I suggest you to use anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three tablets a day.

I also recommend using a muscle relaxant such as Baclofen to relieve the painful muscles.

I suggest to use warm compresses for relief.

Warm shower can also be helpful for relief.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi