for the last few days i get a back ache

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 28 Mar 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: for the last few days i get a back ache - for no apparent reason - that hurts more than my normal aches and pains -- that starts late morning til bed -- tylenol - didnt help but advil did. I used an AZO uti test strip and my nitrite was negative , but my leukocytes were positive & high . i also feel crummy with a sore thoat . However, I have no fever, no urgency , and no burning when i urinate.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be a urinary tract infection!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed this information fully. It is unlikely to be suggestive of a urinary tract infection in the absence of frequent painful urination in small quantities. I will recommend that you monitor closely to see if any of these symptoms set in so that you can report immediately for review and guidance.

Drink much water. Get some rest and do keep me updated.