question-icon

for dr Ditah i scheduled a uttrasound for bladder abdominal

Posted on Wed, 13 Mar 2019
Question: for dr Ditah i scheduled a uttrasound for bladder abdominal do i need to fast before test?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
No!

Detailed Answer:

You do not need to fast for this test. However, drinking water before going could be of help to better visualize the bladder. If yours doctor doesn't like a full bladder, he could simply ask you to urinate before he/he proceeds. Bladder ultrasound often requires to measure the bladder capacity after urination and such drinking much water prior to this appointment would rather be a plus.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah (2 hours later)
Dr what’s a full bladder
Brief Answer:
Bladder containing urine!

Detailed Answer:

It means a bladder with urine. When we drink water, the kidneys excrete by producing urine and this is why we would have a full bladder after drinking enough water.

I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah