does this look like strept throat
Yes it could be strep
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
It's evident from the picture that the tonsils have follicles over it. It seems that the patient is having acute follicular tonsillitis. One of the main causative organism is streptococcus. But it's better to have a throat swab and sent for culture and sensitivity.
Start tab augmentin for now, betadine gargle, antiallergic tablet but the type of antibiotic to be continued will be decided after getting the throat swab report. Encourage oral feed specially liquids.
Please review if you have any queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it normal to have seapage from a nose packing
- I am having pain my left ear from last couple
- My wife has been reporting head ache for past few
- I want an answer from Specialist too. ________________________________ I...
- Hi, Recently, I have joined swimming classes and this very
- Hello - I am 33 years old male and my
- My 18 year old daughter drank XXXXXXX floor cleaner yesterday
- The skin inside my ears before inner ear is suddenly
- sir.. , my brother have some breathing difficulties recently.. he
- Ok, please do not review the other opinion. I’m a