doctor told me to stop taking my 10mg lisinopril and
Atenolol can lower your pulse rate even further
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
Your concern is justified and Atenolol can lower your heart rate even further. However, your doctor must have found some definite reason for which he asked you to stop Lisinopril. Nevertheless, there are other medicines that can perhaps be chosen over atenolol and you would need to discuss with your treating physician about the same. Medicines like telmisartan can perhaps be tried but it would be very hard for me to suggest without knowing the intrinsic details of your case.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation