do i require antibiotics for an implant and if yes
Yes it is required.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
If you are undergoing dental Implant surgery then you will have to take antibiotics before ,during and after the implantation.
The choice of antibiotic and its dosage is prerogative of your dental surgeon and his operative protocol. Generally a broad spectrum oral antibiotics are prescribed for 5-7 days.
I hope to have answered your question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?