cause, treatment, prognosis of caseating gtanula of lung
Causes, treatment and prognosis of lung granuloma.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I suppose you meant granuloma of the lung.
A granuloma is a small area of inflammation.
Common causes include an inflammatory condition called sarcoidosis and infections such as histoplasmosis or tuberculosis.
A biopsy is the examination, which confirms the nature of the inflammation.
Typically, granulomas are benign, or noncancerous.
The prognosis is very good.
Most of the time granulomas does not require treatment.
I see through your query that you did not have a definitive answer on the biopsy.
So the biopsy should repeat.
I also recommend doing follow-up imaging tests.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?