cancephalexin or erythromycin be used to treat shingles ivehad shingles
Cephalexin and Erythromycin not used as drug of choice for Shingles
Thanks for the question.
Neither Cephalexin nor Erythromycin are used as drug of choice for cure of shingles. Both of them are antibiotics to kill the bacteria in human body.
Shingles is a disease occurs due to viral infection. So we use Acyclovir kind of antivirals to cure the disease of shingles.
Hope this answers the question. Let me know if I can discuss further on shingles.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Humalog be substituted for Novolin R insulin?
- I am having severe gas and bloating of stomach please
- cancephalexin or erythromycin be used to treat shingles ivehad shingles
- Male patient, age 31yr, H/o Cataract surgery of left eye
- I began with the flu 3 wee ago, developed bronchitis
- im not sure what is on my leg. it is
- My wife went to Urgent Care last Sunday night. Diagnosis
- so i got my test results back for std test
- Hello Doctor, My wife is fifth month pregnant by IVF.
- How many years one can take Tadalafil tablets? Does it