can an ear infection cause a body rash that is

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: can an ear infection cause a body rash that is itchy and contagious? my 1 year old daughter has been leaking fluid from her ear and now has a fever and a rash all over with red raised bumps (very itchy and now i have the sane rash on me so i know it is contagious) but can an ear infection cause this rash?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query.

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area with rash in " reports section " so that I am able to have a look and guide you accordingly

regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 49 minutes later
rash is very itchy and only spreads when scratched i dont understand..also a fever and possible ear infection(lots of fluid lraking from ear and pus) can am ear infection cause an itchy rash and fever? the rash is contafious because i got the rash and started itching after my daughter cuddled with me. (only skin to skin contact. )
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibly it is scabies

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
thank you
Perhaps it is scabies. I don't think it is related to the ear infection. Scabies can affect other family members plus it is very itchy, specially at night

I suggest application of permethrin 5% cream (Permite cream). Single, application to whole body of 5% permethrin cream sparing face. It should be left overnight. All affected family members should be treated similarly. You may give syp. cetrizine for symptomatic relief from itching.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana