question-icon

can I catch thrush from babysitting a 6 mo who

Posted on Sat, 23 Mar 2019
Question: can I catch thrush from babysitting a 6 mo who has it?
Since I am diabetic, will symptoms and healing time be effected if I do get it?
thanks
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Yes, it's possible

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,
I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but in order to catch the infection, the infected site need to come in contact with your mucous membrane or a body orifice (mouth, urethra, anus, nose) either directly or indirectly (if your hand touched the infection site of the baby, then touches your mucus membrane).

If you catch the infection, it tends to be more severe and more difficult to treat if your blood glucose level is not well-controlled(since you're already diabetic)...

I hope you find this helpful...

Let me know if I can assist you further...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman