can I catch thrush from babysitting a 6 mo who
Since I am diabetic, will symptoms and healing time be effected if I do get it?
Yes, it's possible
I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but in order to catch the infection, the infected site need to come in contact with your mucous membrane or a body orifice (mouth, urethra, anus, nose) either directly or indirectly (if your hand touched the infection site of the baby, then touches your mucus membrane).
If you catch the infection, it tends to be more severe and more difficult to treat if your blood glucose level is not well-controlled(since you're already diabetic)...
I hope you find this helpful...
Let me know if I can assist you further...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?