burning sensation when peeing

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Mar 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: burning sensation when peeing
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have UTI

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query
Burning urination that you have is mostly due to UTI secondary to enlarged Prostate .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4)Uroflowmetry.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana