at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
our body starts producing when reduced to 7.5 mg but takes time.
Hi, welcome to ask a doctor service...
My name is Dr. Rahman.
I have read your question, and here is my advice...
In fact, our own adrenal glands start producing our own hormones, once steroids reduced to 7.5 mg daily (range is 5 to 10 mg). However, this may take quite sometimes.
How to stop steroids-- depends on the nature of the disease, the duration of steroids use and many factors, but general rule is we reduce it by about 5 mg every week to 2 weeks, until dose reaches 10 mg, after this we decrease it very slowly, like about 1 to 2.5 mg every two to 4 weeks depending on disease until it is stopped. Please note that this entire course should be done under strict supervision of your doctor.
Hopes this is clear now. I would be glad to answer anything further you want to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol